Friday, March 4, 2011

When it is not right, it's just not right!

About my 1st. HOBO block:
Well after reading an email from another member and yes read the directions more carefully I made some changes.
First I wasn't happy with the muslin I use so I changed it to Kona Cotton-Cream and I love that look much better. It gives a more richness to the block.
I switched to a light grey thinner thread and a new needle (boy that should have been my first clue) and moved the needle postion over so I was using a scant 1/4 inch seam.
Groups like this sure do give a great deal of helpful information all you need do is ask.
The end result has brightened my day.

Here is the picture of the new block:

No comments:

Post a Comment